Friday, February 17, 2012

48:08 Bonsai Guy

That is the amount of time I will never get back after talking to this dolt from an online dating site. I know, I know, if you recognize this about somebody quickly (which I do because all I do is talk to people all day long and subsequently size folks up super fast) then cut bait and get out. The only reason I can figure as to why I didn't is that I'm too darn nice. Sure, you're reading along with this and thinking "Nice??? She isn't nice, she's really, really mean. She is speaking poorly of other people." I beg to differ. I'm making observations.

So let's observe with, who I will call "Bonsai guy." In nearly an hour I can't succinctly tie down exactly what it is that Bonguy does. Something to do with detailing RV's, outdoor projects, aquarium installations and selling his one-of-a-kind Bonsai trees. Apparently they fetch quite a good purse. So, I don't really know what he does exactly but I do know that he loves to talk. Talk a lot, talk over me, talk without me listening. I've never understood the point of a conversation if the other person isn't engaged. At one point I thought about putting the phone down just to see how long he would just babble on. Dang, I should have.

I'm sure Bonsai guy will find a very nice lady that will adore that she is only responsible for 3.7% of the talking in their relationship. For better or worse, I don't fit that bill.

1 comment: